FRI., JUNE 18 (a 3rd Fri.) - not fully updated yet
Please scroll down to end of page.
Events must be confirmed. Best to bring a mask and vaccination card for an indoor event.
DEADLINE to reserve for DINNER, DANCE SHOWCASE, & DANCE PARTY on Fri., Jun 25, 5:30pm, at The Croix, W. edge of Stillwater, at 5880 Omaha Av.N.,perform (or spectate and social dance including 5:30p dinner $30; attire: 70’s style admired, but not required; , Tricia (651) 605-5784
CONFIRMED: BALLROOM-VARIETY DANCE PARTY at The Croix, 5880 Omaha Av.N.,W. edge of Stillwater, 7pm rumba class by Troy $10; 8-10pm variety dancing,$15; Tricia (651) 605-5784
CONFIRMED: SENIORS JOYFULLY DANCING online 1st & 3rd Fri.,930-10:30am, , Mpls.
CONFIRMED: BALLROOM PRACTICE DANCE PARTY 9pm at DancersStudio.com, 99 N. Snelling, St. Paul, 8pm class
CONFIRMED: ARGENTINE TANGO BOOTCAMP - at FourSeasonsDance.com, beg.to adv., 7-9pm, June 4, 11, 18, 25 by Miriam & Guillermo, register
CONFIRMED: OUTDOOR MUSIC in Mpls.Parks, see -
- Lake Harriet: 7:30p, concrete, benches in sun, restrooms, concessions
- Minnehaha Pk: 7pm, dance on grass, restroom, cafe, go early to park car and order food
-CONFIRMED: Kelley Park, Salsa Del Soul ,6pm,http://applevalleychamber.chambermaster.com/events/details/music-in-kelley-park-salsa-del-soul-4286
-CONFIRMED: CONCERTS of rock 'n roll legends in Burnsville Ice Center parking lot, Nicollet AV.see ReliefSessions.com
- Hook & Ladder: in big tent, 3010 Minnehaha Av., Mpls.612-345-7166
CONCERTS with optional dinner:
1. CONFIRMED: in Fridleyin outdoor tent (dance behind tables on the asphalt by cars), indoors (no dancing)
ONLINE (virtual) BALLROOM DANCE CLASSES to research :
1. by Meghan & Igor Afonkin, Facebook.com/I.M. DanceSport
2. by Gene Bersten, (DanceWithUsAmerica.com, Facebook.com)
4. check dance studios listed on MONDAY page or VENUES page
ZUMBA CLASS at Burnsville Ballroom in B'Ville Mall, Door 4, 7pm, register at cmsfitnesslife.com
MPLS. AREA WC & EC SWING or FREESTYLE MUSIC to research:
- CONFIRMED: Narrows in Navarre: 7-10pm, thenarrowssaloon.com, 952-471-3352
- CONFIRMED: Hopkins Amer. Legion: 2nd Fri. only-Something 70's, 12th Av. S., 55343, legion320.com/events
- Mainstreet Bar in Hopkins: rock music
ST. PAUL AREA: WC & EC SWING or FREESTYLE MUSIC to research:
- CONFIRMED: MN Music Cafe: 7-10pm,
- CONFIRMED:Dubliner: Irish music 6-8p every Fri.; Tom Dahill & Ginny Johnson (Irish) 9p-12a, 2162 Univ. Av. W., at corner of Vandalia, St Paul, www.thedublinerpub.com
- Black Dog Cafe: wood floor, (651) 228-9274
- Half Time Rec: music ???, 651-488-8245
- The Doghouse in Maplewood:
- Mancinis': www.mancinis.com, 651-224-7345
- Rosetown Amer. Legion: no band, karaoke, 700 W. Co.Rd. C,651-483-3535
- Roseville VFW:
- Tally's Dock in White Bear Lk.: 6pm outdoors
- NEW! White Squirrel Bar on 974 W. 7th St., St. Paul
- Mississippi Pub: 455 66th St E, Inver Grove Hts.
SALSA-BACHATA-LATIN DANCING to research:
- Halo's in Fridley: 1040 Osborne Rd. N.E., 763.786.9653, facebook.com/Halos-Restaurant-Bar
- , 612-342-0902
- , 2305 37th Place N.E., Mpls.
- Part Wolf: 501 Cedar Av.S, Mpls. 55454
- DanceLoveStudio: 2601 2nd Av S,Mpls
- Azul Nightclub, Mpls.: large wooden dance floor
- Hickory n' Hops 2937 Lyndale Av. S.,Mpls. 55408,hickorynhops.com, dance space?
- Gray's (past LoringBarRestaurant.com, Mpls)
COUNTRY MUSIC occasionally, so research:
- The Lookout in Maple Grove: crowded/noisy, reserve 763.424.4365,
- Blaine VFW: free juke box music 9pm-close, 1374 109th Av.N.E., 763-757-4540
- Others: Whiskey Park; Billy's in Rockford; Jersey's in Inv. Gr. Hts; Arizona in Shakopee; Biff's in Fridley
CUBAN DANCE CLASS by Rene Thompson, Mpls. 612-578-2110, renedance.com/schedule.html
SENIOR DANCE PARTIES 1-4pm, lunch included, confirm: 1st Fri. at East Bethel Comm. Ctr.; 2nd Fri. at Ham Lk. Sr. Ctr.; 3rd Fri. at Forest Lk. Amer. Legion
IRISH LIVE MUSIC to research:
- Dubliner: Irish music 6-8p every Fri.; Tom Dahill & Ginny Johnson (Irish) 9p-12a, 2162 Univ. Av. W., at corner of Vandalia, St Paul, www.thedublinerpub.com
- Celtic Junction: celticjunction.org
CONTRA, INTL, FOLK, LINE, CIRCLE DANCING & MUSIC - see , Mpls.
LINE DANCE & WC SWING PARTIES, swingesota.com
TAP DANCE CLASSES: research Keane Sense of Rhythm (great pros Ellen Keane & Cathy Wind)
ZUMBA with Cathy Molinett, 7 – 8 PM, Pre-registration is required. Go to https://cmsfitnesslife.com/
LIVE ROCK MUSIC in BARS & NIGHTCLUBS maybe outside is on VENUES page, section 3 of this website and in "StarTribune" Friday Variety section
- check at Amer. Legion in St. Paul, only 2nd Fri. ?, 7-11p. 1135 Arcade St., 651-735-5613
MUSIC in Minnesota, see VENUES page, regional section; examples -
ROCHESTER,MN: ARGENTINE TANGO "Practica & Social" at BlueMoonBAllroom.com, 8-10pm or 'til the last dancer drops, $5, dance with various partners if you wish. Fred (owner) and Gretel and will be available to dance and assist. Bring appetizer or beverage to share..
LAKEVILLE, MN: at Red Fox Tavern 7pm on huge asphalt patio
CONFIRMED:ST. MICHAEL, MN: Le Musique, outdoor shows thru Sep. 30 ,4300 O'Day Av., 612-314-9199
HAM LAKE, MN: Maxx Bar, 17646 Central Av. N.E.
CHASKA, MN:, at Schram Haus Brewery, 3700 Chaska Blvd., Chaska
WACONIA, MN: Schram Vineyard, 8785 Airport Rd.
RAMSEY, MN: The Outpost
BETHEL, MN: at Sandhill Ctr., 763-213-1589
ROCKVILLE (W. of St. Cloud), MN: at The Hideaway, 201 W. Broadway
ST. CLOUD, MN to research
1. StudioJeff is now owned by Lucille Bates and can be rented. Jeff 320-266-4137
2. SINGLES 21+, 3rd Fri. of mo. at Waite Park Amer.Legion, 17 N.2nd Av., 56387, 8p-12a DJ, Dale 320-510-1346
SAUK RAPIDS, MN: at Rollie's, Co.Rd. 23
LITCHFIELD, MN: at Eagles Club or Opera House
PRESCOTT, WI: Philander's Bar
Music possibly at:
BACKUS, ELK RIVER, HOWARD LAKE, MN: Amer. Legions
BIG LAKE: Friendly Buffalo
MONTICELLO, MN: VFW
ROGERS: liquor store
SIOUX FALLS, SD: at El Riad, 510 S. Phillips Av.; 4 hr. drive from Mpls.,
18-20 - CONFIRMED: DANCE GETAWAY to Villa Roma Resort, Callicoon, NY,
ADELE'S FROZEN CUSTARD
800 Excelsior Blvd.
Stop and pick up lunch
Picnic tables available.
in this newsletter
to 1000+ readers
$10 for 1 mo. or more of exposure (tax deductible)
E-mail narrow rectangle
with large print
just like this one
to fit on a cell phone
(I will shrink/crop a wider ad making it unreadable.)
in .jpeg or .png format
with cash or check
8030 W. 25th St.
St. Louis Pk. MN 55426.